I classify myself as a friendly, passionate, engaging and humorous tutor who cares deeply for the students but also understands that learning should be fun and engaging rather than laborious and mechanical.
In terms of qualifications - I hold a PhD in Applied Electromagnetics from the University of Adelaide (obtained with Dean's Commendation for Doctoral Research Excellence).
I posses extensive teaching experience ranging from tutition to high-school students ranging from Year 10 - Year 12 during my undergraduate days whilst concurrently mentoring 2nd and 3rd year undergraduate students whilst in my final year of undergraduate study. Therein, during my postgraduate study I taught numerous undergraduate courses for students from 1st -3rd year in the School of Electrical & ELectronics Engineering.
My teaching methodlogy is as follows:
1) Relate any concept to a real world example to help the student understand the relevance of the material in day-to-day life.
2) Use humour to keep the class /students engaged and relaxed to make them percpetive to information reception.
3) Ask the student to re-iterate the concept to me in their own terms such that I can understand how much information they have actually gleaned.
4) Re-iterate the concepts that they have missed to them and ask them to re-form their explanation to incorporate the concepts just delivered into their explanation.
5) Request the student to present a real world example of the concept at hand to confirm their understanding.